Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Taking Mike to School Day 1

I am amazed that it takes 9 months for your child to come into the world, but it takes only one day to get them packed to leave! Okay, to be fair, all the fathers out there are thinking, "One day, nothing! These kids have been here for 18 years!" But it still seemed like it didn't take any time at all to turn Mike's room from the mess, I mean, home it was into our new guest room.

Meanwhile, Mike was excited. And so he should be! College is going to be a great experience for him. He told me, "This is the coolest thing I've ever done." Hopefully he'll still feel like that after his first test!

He did have a hard time leaving the dog though.


We left the dog behind at home. Some friends, The Potts, came in a few times every day to feed and care for her. Our friends, the Viljoens, came by to visit her as well. With her well cared for I could relax and concentrate on Mike.


Now, I started crying before we even got in the car.
But I did get a sweet picture of Mike with Super and Tutone.

The van was filled to the brim with Mike's stuff. Phil and I couldn't imagine where he thought he was going to put it all! Mike kept telling us that dorm rooms were bigger than they used to be. Not that much bigger!

Finally, with the van all packed we were on our way.

No comments: