Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Brotherly Love

Breakfast at our house is usually an animated experience. In other words, the boys like to start in depth discussions in order to stall on doing chores or getting ready for school. They think I don't know this, of course. But this morning, Tutone actually came up with a good one.

He said, "I really wanted to be a Longhorn (University of Texas) but needs to be an Aggie (Texas A&M) if he is going to be a Vet and I don't want you to be confused on who to
root for on Game Day, so I guess I will just go ahead and be an Aggie." And he heaves a huge sigh.


I told him, "It's ok, Buddy! They have special flags made for just this reason. It's called 'House Divided'. One side is UT and the other side is A&M. But no matter what college you go to, I will root for whichever team you are playing for. And when is competing in something I will root for his school. Does that sound fair?"

He looked so relieved.

I thought it was so sweet that he would be willing to give up what he wanted for his brother. Usually it's Super that makes all the sacrifices for Tutone. Maybe I am getting through to him. LOL!

Meanwhile, I would be thrilled if Tutone was able to play football for any college team. Of course, I can't blame him for picking the Longhorns!

No comments: